harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]volunteer to supply patches for old JIRAs
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:25:35 GMT
Alexey Varlamov 写道:
> 2006/9/13, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com>:
>> Nathan Beyer 写道:
>> > Here are a few things that I think might help with getting through
>> some of
>> > the older outstanding issues, as well as new ones.
>> >
>> > * If an issue is old (over a month???), then verify that it's still
>> an issue
>> > with the latest code and note this with a JIRA comment.
>> > * Obviously posting patches is great, but patches without tests are
>> almost
>> > always ignored.
>> > ** If you're posting an enhancement, post a patch that enhances the
>> tests
>> > and make sure they pass on an RI. (I always make sure the test
>> passes on the
>> > RI before considering the patch.)
>> > ** If you're posting a fix, post a patch that includes a regression
>> test. (I
>> > always apply the test first, then run it to see it fail, then I
>> look at the
>> > fix.)
>> > * If there's a particular JIRA issue that you would like fixed and
>> a patch
>> > already exists, try applying the patch yourself, verify it and then
>> add a
>> > comment supporting the patch.
>> >

>> There are also very specific cases. Some JIRAs are about kernal classes(
>> e.p. JIRA 921). When IBM vm is concerned,
>> they are not in the scope of Harmony project. It is better be feeded
>> back to IBM.
>> When DRLVM is concerned, we may solve it in the scope of Harmony
>> project.
>>
>> So I suggest to split JIRA 921 into two JIRAs. One for DRLVM, one for
>> IBM vm.
>
> Did you check this is applicable to both VMs? If it is for DRLVM only,
> then better just change component (and summary prefix ;)).
Sorry, what do you mean by applicable?
Do you mean will this bug reoccur on both VMs, 1
Or do you worry about whether this bug can be reported to both VMs? 2

If you worry 1, I tested it with IBM VME v4 and latest snapshot.
java -cp . test
res = null
res = null

And did not test it with DRLVM, and guess the bug still exists on DRLVM :-)

If you worry 2, I think Oliver will respond to problems with IBM VME.
May be we could involve him in this discussion.

Best regards