harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Spark Shen <smallsmallor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]volunteer to supply patches for old JIRAs
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:17:06 GMT
Nathan Beyer 写道:
> Here are a few things that I think might help with getting through some of
> the older outstanding issues, as well as new ones.
>
> * If an issue is old (over a month???), then verify that it's still an issue
> with the latest code and note this with a JIRA comment.
> * Obviously posting patches is great, but patches without tests are almost
> always ignored.
> ** If you're posting an enhancement, post a patch that enhances the tests
> and make sure they pass on an RI. (I always make sure the test passes on the
> RI before considering the patch.)
> ** If you're posting a fix, post a patch that includes a regression test. (I
> always apply the test first, then run it to see it fail, then I look at the
> fix.)
> * If there's a particular JIRA issue that you would like fixed and a patch
> already exists, try applying the patch yourself, verify it and then add a
> comment supporting the patch.

There are also very specific cases. Some JIRAs are about kernal classes(
e.p. JIRA 921). When IBM vm is concerned,
they are not in the scope of Harmony project. It is better be feeded
back to IBM.
When DRLVM is concerned, we may solve it in the scope of Harmony project.

So I suggest to split JIRA 921 into two JIRAs. One for DRLVM, one for
IBM vm.

Any suggestions?