harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] putting kernel.jar in jre/bin/default
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 04:24:18 GMT

Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
>> There seems to be no easy solution, other than parse LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
>> PATH...
>
> Is vmcore.dll (now harmonyvm.dll) and kernel.jar should always reside
> in one directory?

I was thinking about this for packaging - that way you can have :

   jre/
      bin/
         j9/
         drlvm/

and setup a symlink if you wish.

if we have kernel.jar in jre/lib/boot as we do now, it's must less
convenient and probably error prone to switch back and forth.

 > If yes then we can take vmcore.dll base path as a
> location of kerenel.jar.

Sure - where will you get that?  and what do you w/ .so's in unix?  I've
come to the conclusion that the only way will be to manually run the
PATH (win) and LD_LIBRARY_PATH (linux)

geir