harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] Put setInterruptAction() in our j.l.Thread stub?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:03:42 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> This came up in another thread.
>
> Currently, java.nio.channels.spi.AbstractInterruptibleChannel depends on
> there being a setInterruptAction() method on java.lang.Thread.
>
> I certainly think that this kind of thing should be documented, so the
> question - should we add this to our Thread stub class?

Yes, the VMs whose Thread do not know how to interrupt a certain
understratum blocking I/O(socket read/write, select, or so) is likely to
use this method. Though DRLVM using SIGUSR2 may not meet this problem(
does SIGUSR2 work on windows?). I agree this must be documented.

But to DRLVM, one problem is how to tell the interruption is
necessary(say, user invoke wake() or some other methods to ask them to
stop) or can be ignored(say, caused by other unrelated interruption and
can be recover like recently fix to hysock.c and socket.c).

> geir

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM