harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] socketus interruptus - fix committed
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 00:57:59 GMT
I committed the initial fix to the socket interrupt problem.  I stared
at it a while and did what I thought the simplest thing possible.  (Most
of the staring was trying to grok some of the intent in the socket.c and
hysock.c code...

Simply put, I ensured that hysock_select() just dealt w/ that return
code correctly, translating to the HSOCK error code.  (I also did a bit
of reformatting... apologies if it really upsets someone - I'll put it
back).  The result is that hysock_select() still behaves the same.

I also modified one function in socket.c - the pollSelectRead() call -
to deal with the interrupt return code from hysock_select().

I *think* I got it right, and am hoping that some others can review and
comment.  I'm embarrassed to have used a 'goto' (mimicing the style
there), but didn't want to do the rewrite I wanted to while also fixing
the interrupt problem. :)  (I also want some better tests before we take
it apart...)

This of course fixes the problems w/ Tomcat that we created w/ the DRLVM
thread manager fix, so I'm going to try to spin a new snapshot tonight.

Also, I'll go and treat the other usages of hysock_select() to deal w/
this return code, but after there's been a period of review and comment
for these changes.

geir