harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] signalis interruptus in hysock
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:38:26 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Artem Aliev wrote:
>> Hello, guys.
>>
>> Do not forgot about "portability"
>> Hysock lib is a porting layer and it should work the same way on all
>> platforms.
>> The windows does not support signals at all
>> So the porting layer should hide all OS depended signal processing
>> including this select() problem.
>> +1 to my patch.
>> The patch removes implementation depended feature.
>
> That's crazy.  This isn't an "implementation dependent feature" - it's a
> side effect.

Sorry - this came across wrong.  I was just kidding, (and in the lines
below), but for a non-native english speaker, you might mis-interpret.

The key is that signals are an important part of Unix IPC - for example,
  what happens w/ a ctrl-c?  Will these processes (yes, under linux, a
thread is a process) quit?

I worry about this and other side effects by masking *all* signals like
we'd be effectively be doing...