harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Yakushev" <andrey.yakus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HARMONY-1407: Contribution of Java code for package java.lang.management
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 06:00:33 GMT
Do I understand correctly, that j.l.management support could be
implemented for DRLVM as follows:

1. Integrate HARMONY-1407 into classlib and obtain
UnsatisfiedLinkError on DRLVM.
2. Implement native methods in kernel classes as stubs returning some
realistic values. It could allow test and jconsole running.
3. Replace these stabs one by one with possible adding of the
interface functions in DRLVM modules like GC and TM.

Really I have tried to go through this plan "ahead of time" :)
Currently I wrote native methods stubs and made run for the tests from
HARMONY-1407. The result is:
    Tests run: 90,  Failures: 15,  Errors: 9
    13 failures is StackTraceElement similar as Rui mentioned.
    8 errors due to not implemented method
        at java.util.logging.LogManager.getLoggingMXBean(LogManager.java:154)
Other 3 problems needs additional investigation

Is my activity helpful?
Nathan, do you have similar or different plan for HARMONY-1407 integration?

Thanks,
Andrey