harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][internationalization]Are log messages and tools usage text to be internationalized?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:20:19 GMT
Hi Ilya,

Just to make sure. Yesterday I have added a new method to the
PropertyDescriptor class from the beans module. It contains two new
exception messages so I just took next two ids "beans.47" and
"beans.48". Does this fit to the new scheme? I hope you are not going
to renumber ids after renaming keys for console messages...

Thanks,

2006/9/13, Ilya Okomin <ilya.okomin@gmail.com>:
> Agree, we should follow the conventions we've reached.
> For future updates I'll add the convention to the HARMONY-1308 comments,
> where the way to internationalize messages is described.
> As for already processed modules, I've found only few error strings and
> console messages in beans, auth, security, instrument and logging
> modules. Thus we can leave it as is now for these modules and do it later in
> lazy way.
> Messages naming convention is seems to me more important for modules with a
> huge number of messages of different types, such as x-net and rmi. These
> modules have not been internationalized yet.
>
> Regards,
> Ilya.
>
> On 9/13/06, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I believe it could be done in lazy way...
> > But it defenetly should be done.
> >
> > SY, Alexey
> >
> > 2006/9/13, Oleg Khaschansky <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Are there any non-exception messages in the other modules which are
> > > already internationalized? I think, if there are any, they should be
> > > modified to follow the new convention.
> > >
> > > --
> > >  Oleg

> > one type