harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:08:50 GMT

On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:13 AM, Egor Pasko wrote:

> On the 0x1E9 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:

>>> lots of grins here :)
>>> I set them, it runs well (with my patches, but, anyway), this
>>> problem
>>
>> What are you patches?
>
> nothing special:
> * launcher debug mode (O0, -g)
> * libhysig.so included in
>   modules/luni/src/main/native/launcher/linux/makefile
> * hymem_free_memory commented out in
>   modules/luni/src/main/native/common/shared/strhelp.c
>   (this one is rather experimantal, the root cause was incorrect
>    handling of JAVA_HOME)

Ah - that's a good hint.  I'll see if I can work it out from that.

> BTW, I was pointing JAVA_HOME to RI by mistake. Resulting in SIGSEGV
> in this case is not the best idea. Can we overcome it in some way?

LOL.  Yes - lets figure out the root cause :)

geir

>>> persists:
>>> java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError : Failed loading library
>>> "libhyzlib.so": DSO load failed
>>>
>>> whooa! I feel more comfortable now :)
>>
>> Why?  why did the DSO load fail?
>
> I am afraid, it looks for DSO in ".", which is a wrong assumption :)
> I'll take a look, but do not promise to be fast))

Not really - right now, DRLVM should be using the harmony.properties
file in /default.  It sets the vm.dir property to the /default
directory (yes, this is awful... we need to modify launcher to fix
this to another token like LAUNCHER_DIR) and then adds the dir where
the launcher is from, as well as LAUNCHER/default to the boostrap
library path.

geir