harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Non-bug difference]? JIRA-1126
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:38:29 GMT
I'd like to quote RFC 2396 here:

"The URI syntax does not require that the scheme-specific-part have
   any general structure or set of semantics which is common among all
   URI.  However, a subset of URI do share a common syntax for
   representing hierarchical relationships within the namespace.  This
   "generic URI" syntax consists of a sequence of four main components:

   each of which, except <scheme>, may be absent from a particular URI."

"We use the term <path> to refer to both the <abs_path> and
   <opaque_part> constructs, since they are mutually exclusive for any
   given URI and can be parsed as a single component."

So "file://C:/1.txt" appears to be a valid URI of the following kind:

This means that #1126 is, actually, a bug. Am I correct?