harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] my latest round of patches broke something
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:22:10 GMT
On 9/26/06, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/26/06, Dmitry Durnev <dmitry.a.durnev@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 9/26/06, Vladimir Gorr <vvgorr@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > > 3) we should ignore the patch you inlined in the message before this
> > one
> > >

> > > I'm not sure. This patch eliminates a lot of test failures as I
> > mentioned
> > > before (BTW you also commented on same issue into H-1457).
> > > Do we want to live with this? And one more note is our patch is not
> > related
> > > with eliminating the ActiveMQ crash. It's another story.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Vladimir.
> >
> > For me nothing works under windows (on latest drlvm/debug build)
> > without this patch. Even "Hello, world" fails(after printing "Hello
> > world!") with
> >
> > SEH handler: shutdown error
> >
> > and shows 2 debug messegaboxes(1 is from the launcher).
> > And this happens irrespective of my JAVA_HOME setting, I tried both
> > to unset it, and to point to Harmony JRE...
> > Debugging shows that in apr_thread_ext.c in apr_thread_set_priority()
> > SetThreadPriority(*os_thread,...) call fails with access violation...
> > So I think your patch, Vladimir, is useful :)
>

> Dmitry,
>
> did you run 'build.bat clean' before starting the build process?

I meant *build.bat update*, certainly. In this case all works fine w/o my
patch,

I'd like to slightly continue the discussion about this patch. No needs to
apply it now

after Geir committed the thread.c file for *H-1457*. This file contains a
fix for the APR bug.

(BTW it'd be not bad to mention about this issue on the APR dev list. Sure
it makes sense).

Our patch is a workaround to avoid this bug.

Thanks,

Vladimir.

 Maybe a clue for your issue is here. At least I have same issue right now.