harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] NPE is thrown when the kernel tests are run on Windows at revision 448448
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 03:07:49 GMT
On 9/22/06, Spark Shen <smallsmallorgan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Vladimir Gorr 写道:
> > When I roll away the latest changes for Character.java (H-1500 *Refactor
> > some methods in java.lang.Character*)
> > this issue disappears. It means a clue is here.
> Sorry for the late reply. JIRA 1500 is due to discussion [1] on the dev
> mailing list.
>
> I can not build DRLVM on my desktop. (Windows XP, RI JDK1.5.0, ant
> 1.6.5). So I could not reproduce the bug
> The prompted error message is:
> C:\spark\drlvm\trunk\build\make\build.xml:238: The following error
> occurred while executing this line:
> C:\spark\drlvm\trunk\build\make\setup.xml:289: The following error
> occurred while executing this line:
> C:\spark\drlvm\trunk\build\make\setup.xml:291: The following error
> occurred while executing this line:
> C:\spark\drlvm\trunk\build\make\setup.xml:462: Warning: Could not find
> file
> C:\spark\drlvm\trunk\build\make\no_settings_in_config_or_environment to
> copy.
>
> This is the first time I build DRLVM, would you give me some hint about
> this error message.

It seems you didn't run the *build.bat update* before starting the build.

We need to run the following steps (sorry if you're aware about this):

- svn checkout classlib
- svn checkout drlvm
- build classlib (cd classlib/trunk; ant fetch-depend; ant)
- cd drlvm/trunk/build
- build.bat update (you need to slightly some time here :-) )
- build.bat

Thanks,
Vladimir.

[1]