harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] none of kernel tests passed for the recent sources
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:43:35 GMT

> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> > Geir,
> >
> > I found out none of the DRRVM kernel tests passed recently. Although
> > all fine worked yet yesterday.
> >
> > *build.bat -Djunit.jar=%JUNIT_HOME% kernel.test*
> >     [echo]
> >     [echo]             ==================================
> >     [echo]             Run kernel tests using jitrino.jet
> >     [echo]             ==================================
> >     [echo]
> >    [mkdir] Created dir:
> >
> C:\DrlSrc\drlvm\trunk\build\win_ia32_msvc_debug\semis\kernel.tests\reports\jitrino.jet
> >
> >     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.Class1_5Test
> >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class1_5Test FAILED
> >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class1_5Test FAILED
> >     [echo]    **** FAILED on reference JRE ****
> >     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.Class5Test
> >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class5Test FAILED
> >    [junit] Test java.lang.Class5Test FAILED
> >     [echo]    **** FAILED on reference JRE ****
> >     [echo] RUNNING : java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest
> >    [junit] Test java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest FAILED
> >
> > ^C
> >
> > I suspect you can know a clue for this issue. Probably I missed anything
> > and didn't note what was modifed.
>
> Why are they failing?  AS of yesterday, I thought they were all passing
> for me.  I wouldn't have checked anything in if I saw that they were
> failing en-masse.  (We do need to have a "stop the world" as we
> stabilize DRLVM, figure out why tests fail apparently randomly, etc...)

Agree. I also try to understand this.

I'm running kernel tests now on Ubuntu 6, release build, and they are
> running fine.
>
> What platform?

debug version on Windows platforms. I have no success on SUSE LINUX as well:

-run-kernel-test-batch:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/semis/kernel.tests/reports/batch.mode
    [junit] Running org.apache.harmony.lang.generics.ClassLoaderTest
    [junit] SIGSEGV in VM code.
    [junit] Stack trace:
    [junit]     1: properties_free (??:-1)
    [junit]     2: ?? (??:-1)
    [junit]     3: readClassPathFromPropertiesFile (??:-1)
    [junit]     4: ?? (??:-1)
    [junit]     5: ?? (??:-1)
    [junit]     6: ?? (??:-1)
    [junit]     7: ?? (??:-1)