harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Gorr" <vvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Need help debugging
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:30:45 GMT
Probably, you didn't note I've commented this fragment of code (firts & last
lines).
Sorry I didn't mention about this before. After these changes I could
sucessfully start the ActiveMQ.
Before I have the following error:

Assertion failed: size >= skip
Trying to skip 6 frames but there are only 5 frames in stack
java:
/nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_vm_VMStack.cpp:301:
_jobject* Java_org_apache_harmony_vm_VMStack_getStackTrace(JNIEnv*,
_jobject*, _jobject*): Assertion `size >= skip' failed.
abort_handler()

Thanks,
Vladimir.

> I'm a little skeptical, as I had that change in before you first tested
> and found a problem, right?
>
> geir
>

> Vladimir Gorr wrote:
> > vm\vmcore\src\kernel_classes\native\org_apache_harmony_vm_VMStack.cpp
> > * /*
> > *    // skip Thread.runImpl()
> >    size--;
> >
> >    // skip the VMStart$MainThread if one exits from the bottom of the
> stack
> >    // along with 2 reflection frames used to invoke method main
> >    static String* starter_String =
> > genv->string_pool.lookup("java/lang/VMStart$MainThread");
> >    Method_Handle method = frames[size].method;
> >    assert(method);
> >    // skip only for main application thread
> >    if (!strcmp(method_get_name(method), "runImpl")
> >        && method->get_class()->name == starter_String) {
> >        int rem = size - skip-1;
> >        size -= rem < 2 ? rem : 2;
> >    }
> >    ASSERT(size >= skip, "Trying to skip " << skip
> >        << " frames but there are only "
> >        << size << " frames in stack");
> > *    */*
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Vladimir.

> >> for
> >>
> >> what changed?
> >>
> >> geir

> :)

> is

> the
> crashes

> /cygdrive/c/DrlSrc/drlvm/trunk/build/win_ia32_msvc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/java

> /nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/exception/exceptions.cpp:143:

> >> DRLVM
> >> +

> >> 'static

we can