harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] svn:eol-style = native (LF vs CRLF)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:09:36 GMT
After going through this thread, I realize there is another possibility to
encounter the problem even you are working on single platform,
1.the file you are working on does not have eol-style property and the
latest commit is performed on Unix system.
2.you create a patch.
3.when applying the patch, your patch-apply tool consider it is on win32
system and convert all the LF to CRLF.
4.your local copy is dos style and the remote copy is unix style so you get
totally different files when compare the bytes.

I have no idea wyh some of the .java files have the property but others
doesnt in the meanwhile.

hope it will do some help.