harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] svn:eol-style = native (LF vs CRLF)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:19:59 GMT
I noticed that there are some .java files in security module has set
the svn:eol-style to native, that is, a EOL marker will be added to every
line of this file when commit to repository. And when you checkout them, the
EOL marker will be replaced according your os, CRLF on windows and LF on
Unix.

so, I think you should create and apply patch on the same platform because
diff file can not handle the EOL marker :(

IMHO, the svn:eol-style is not necessary, so that svn can store the file as
original bytes and you can retrieve it without any change. Many IDEs are
well prepared to understand the both EOL formats.