harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Wu" <wuyue...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni]upgrade java.lang.Character to 5.0
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 04:56:58 GMT
Hi all,
I have looked through the java.lang.Character and found there were several
methods missing in Harmony. I'll try to implement these methods if no one
objects :)
All of these methods are coming with Supplementary Character Support of
Tiger. That is, we should handle the character whose code point is after
U+FFFF in our code.
After doing some research, I found there're two ways to achieve:
1.Maintain a HashMap contains the information of supplementary character and
retrieve from it when these methods were invoked.
2.Delegate these methods to ICU4J, which provides extensions to the
java.lang.Character class.

What's your opinion? Any suggestion are welcome :)
--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM