harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:04:41 GMT

On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:27 AM, Ivan Volosyuk wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2006 18:13:28 +0700, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> problem
>> >
>> > What are you patches?
>>
>> nothing special:
>> * launcher debug mode (O0, -g)
>> * libhysig.so included in
>>   modules/luni/src/main/native/launcher/linux/makefile
>> * hymem_free_memory commented out in
>>   modules/luni/src/main/native/common/shared/strhelp.c
>>   (this one is rather experimantal, the root cause was incorrect
>>    handling of JAVA_HOME)
>>
>> BTW, I was pointing JAVA_HOME to RI by mistake. Resulting in SIGSEGV
>> in this case is not the best idea. Can we overcome it in some way?

>> > Why?  why did the DSO load fail?
>>
>> I am afraid, it looks for DSO in ".", which is a wrong assumption :)
>> I'll take a look, but do not promise to be fast))
>>
>> --
>> Egor Pasko, Intel Managed Runtime Division
>
> On my computer, with fresh and clean classlib and drlvm.
> Settings:
> JAVA_HOME=...../jre
> PATH=...../jre/bin
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=...../jre/bin
> ./java

you don't need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH

> Harmony Java launcher
> Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
> Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
> java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
> java: /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/vm/thread/src/
> thread_native_fat_monitor.c:183:
> monitor_wait_impl: Assertion `saved_recursion<1' failed.
> Aborted

Ok, so something is odd here. - it looks like the launcher can't find
the default/libharmonyvm.so file, and the assertion is some bug in
our version of the thread library, since that's the one being used.

What are you actually building and how?

> unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> ./java
> ./java: error while loading shared libraries: libhysig.so: cannot open
>
> Glibc: 2.3.6
> gcc: 3.4.5
> kernel: 2.6.15.6

Right, so that's weird, as I have similar versions.

I just committed the patch to the launcher make file, so please
refresh and try again.