harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory Shimansky" <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1363 - status update
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:59:54 GMT

> Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> > Testing WindowsXP build.
> > Have to disable this assersion:
> assert(is_name_lowercase(library_name))  in
> > natives_support.cpp file to run Hello application.
>
> Yes, I was staring that that last night, trying to figure out why
> lowercase stuff is so important.
>
> Any clue?

I am not sure why this assertion fails, but I think I know why it is
important. On windows file paths may be different as strings but point to
the same file. To detect duplications among native modules it is necessary
to have unified form to compare names as strings. So it seems like all
library names should be lowercase. I dunno why one of them doesn't satisfy
this requirement.

I think this assertion failure needs investigation before we decide it
should be removed.