harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][vmi] VMI classes for Thread/Object manipulation for java.util.concurrent
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:12:16 GMT

On 24 September 2006 at 14:29, "Nathan Beyer" <nbeyer@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> * I think we should utilize the Accessor classes in 'misc' (in place
> of Objects), but I think these all need to be refactored into a kernel
> or VM module. I really don't like the 'misc' naming, as it make it
> seem like it's just some extra crap that doesn't fit in any category,
> which seems very inappropriate as these are core VM services and
> utilities used by many modules.

I'd always assumed we'd merge misc (which I integrated from the
awt/swing contribution) in to the luni module.  I probably mentioned it
when I did the integration (since it was part of my justification for
converting the misc natives from C++ to C.)

Currently, they are VM-independent so I'd say they should say in a
classlib module.

-Mark.