harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] invoking non-trivial jars results in IllegalAccessError
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:09:17 GMT
On Sunday 24 September 2006 05:46 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2006, at 7:46 PM, Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> > Actually... This is another bug :)
>
> Oh well :)

I think I've found the cause of this bug. Now what to do with it...

1. Class Foo is loaded by org/apache/harmony/vm/JarRunner$MyLoader while Bar
is loaded by java/net/URLClassLoader$SubURLClassLoader.

2. The comparison in Resolve.cpp:177 fails because each class loader in VM has
its own table of packages and thus Foo and Bar while having the same packages
in name, have different packages in terms of class loading. This results in
IllegalAccessError.

I am not sure what actually is wrong, #1 or #2 or both. I think all user
application classes should be loaded by the same system class loader unless
user specifies another one. So #1 seems to be the candidate for me.