harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1363 - status update
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 07:01:43 GMT
On Monday 18 September 2006 18:14, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Pavel Pervov wrote:
> > Tried it on Windows and found the problem which, as it looks like, have
> > never been caught before.
> > As I discovered, launcher uses platform specific line separators to parse
> > harmonyvm.properties on a specific platform. But haromynvm.properties,
> > which
> > is copied into deploy, has unix line endings and is skipped. As the
> > result, EM can't initialize.'
>
> A ha!
>
> > I workarounded this by running unix2dos on harmonyvm.properties.
>
> Ok - we should get that in as eol-native

Wouldn't it be better (and safer) to fix the parser? Normally a properties
file can contain any kind of line separators and still be parsed correctly,
which is a Good Thing IMHO. E.g. according to the spec for
java.util.Properties.load(),
	A natural line of input is terminated either by a set of line terminator
characters (\n or \r or \r\n) or by the end of the file.

Chris