harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [jvmti] Question about JVMTI calling Java code
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:36:10 GMT
On Wednesday 13 September 2006 09:19 Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> The Thread.getContextClassLoader() just performs access restriction
> checks and return the corresponding field value.
> I think the only problematic function is ThreadGroup.enumerate() -
> unless security access control is applicable to JVMTI agent requests
>
> :).

Actually this problematic function is used only in GetThreadGroupChildren for
the information about threads and thread groups contained inside of this
thread group. If this information is available from thread manager directly I
would very much like to know how to get it. Looking at the current
GetThreadGroupChildren implementation makes me very upset, it is clearly not
meant for real usage.