harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Compiler parameterization and using ECJ
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:46:04 GMT

On 10 September 2006 at 18:25, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> wrote:

> Nathan Beyer wrote:

Thanks Nathan.

> >> [SNIP]

> >> Ugh.  I thought it was working before w/o having to put it in
> >> ant/lib, although i don't remember the reason why we took it away.
> >
> > I don't think it was ever working with the Eclipse compiler before,
> > was it?
>
> I think so.  I think that Mark undid it.

Yes.  I undid it when we were using the jsr14 hack which didn't work on
with ecj - at the time I think it might now.

I think we should move forward to use the ecj since it has a cleaner
classpath when doing compiles which helps us spot bugs earlier.  I'll
take a look at making sure the linux build machine is able to build with
ecj today.  (The windows build machine is broken - I need to move stuff
around since it is falling over the windows path length issues.)

Regards,
 Mark.