harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [launcher] Executable hangs
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:51:22 GMT

On Sep 28, 2006, at 3:41 AM, Egor Pasko wrote:

> Looks like a progress :)
>
> On the 0x1F2 day of Apache Harmony Armand Navabi wrote:
>> That did not fix it for me.  I thought I had both the bin
>> directory and the
>> default directory in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I just ran it again to
>> make sure,
>> and it still seems to get lost on execv().  Is there something
>> special I
>> need to call in gdb to skip it?
>
> you can always jump in GDB. And I love this feature.
> Now that should be easy enuough to debug out why the launcher does not
> see the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and tries to execv. Geir says, it should NOT
> execv. This is the bug. Seems like an easy one.

This isn't *the* bug he's chasing.  I think that the problem is that
there's a "/" at the end of one of them (either .../bin/ or .../bin/
default/ - one of the trailing slashes should be removed... but I
don't remember which one).  I know our launcher constructs the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH w/ one of the two w/ the slash, one w/o.  We need to
fix that for simple consistency, but it is not in itself a bug, as it
does work fine.

geir