harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Artem Aliev" <artem.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] HARMONY-1582 - invocation API for DRLVM
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:05:20 GMT
Gier, Eugeny

> reformat it on the fly.... Sorry, I don't know how to switch my patch
> to the original formatting.

I've reformatted the patch using following command. See attachment.
svn diff --diff-cmd /usr/bin/diff --extensions -Npuw > patch.diff

> I think a lot of people are interested in answer to this question. Do
> you? Let me get a break and I will come up with details....

Yes, for example me.
Please give me some time to dig into the new code.

For now I see at least one architectural problem.
The vm/thread. Was design in layered manner.
You've been doing invocation API that should affect the java layer.
The hythread layer is supposed to know nothing about java. All java
related code should be placed into jthread lib. Why did you change
somthing in hythread?

The second question is about java.lang.VMStart class.
This class create initial thread group structure, and start helper
threads. Where did you move the code?

Thanks
Artem