harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Artem Aliev" <artem.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib] thread library - let there be one!
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:57:39 GMT
Gier,

The hythread is just most visible example.
There are also signal handling problem.
classlib hysig lib setup signal handlers and then drlvm overrides them
by its owns.
There are code duplication in classlib hyprt.dll drlvm port.lib:
classlib/trunk/modules/luni/src/main/native/port
vm/port/src

These three pair of components contains significant part of the system
dependent code for both VM and CLASSLIB.
I think, all this code naturally defines portlib component that could
be shared between classlib and VMs.
So, as a first step, we could move all this code in to the one place,
name portlib
to have three directories classlib, drlvm, portlib.

As the second step, the pairs of libraries should be merged and the
classlib and drlvm refactoried to have only 3 lib instead of 6.

The 3rd step is to replace most of the functions with APR ones and
move the rest of the code to the APR.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Artem