harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [vmi] passing -X options to VM
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:01:02 GMT

On Sep 22, 2006, at 1:02 AM, Pavel Ozhdikhin wrote:

> Geir,
>
> I don't think we should make such changes in a quick patch. We have VM
> and JIT documentation and various scripts that use "-Xem opt" format
> and changing it to "-Xem:opt" is not only about adding extra colon. I
> think we need to fix this or at least to support both formats for some
> transition period.

The VM already works this way.  I didn't change that.  All I changed
is what gets printed out by the VM when you type  "-X".  I'm all for
changing everything else too, but given the VM already had that
behavior, I don't see what the harm was in fixing one set of docs
(and the most obvious one...)

geir