harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:37:21 GMT

> On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:27 AM, Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
>
> > On 19 Sep 2006 18:13:28 +0700, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> problem

> >> nothing special:
> >> * launcher debug mode (O0, -g)
> >> * libhysig.so included in
> >>   modules/luni/src/main/native/launcher/linux/makefile
> >> * hymem_free_memory commented out in
> >>   modules/luni/src/main/native/common/shared/strhelp.c
> >>   (this one is rather experimantal, the root cause was incorrect
> >>    handling of JAVA_HOME)
> >>
> >> BTW, I was pointing JAVA_HOME to RI by mistake. Resulting in SIGSEGV
> >> in this case is not the best idea. Can we overcome it in some way?

> >> I am afraid, it looks for DSO in ".", which is a wrong assumption :)
> >> I'll take a look, but do not promise to be fast))
> >>
> >> --
> >> Egor Pasko, Intel Managed Runtime Division
> >
> > On my computer, with fresh and clean classlib and drlvm.
> > Settings:
> > JAVA_HOME=...../jre
> > PATH=...../jre/bin
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=...../jre/bin
> > ./java
>
> you don't need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>

> > Harmony Java launcher
> > Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
> > Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
> > java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
> > java: /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/vm/thread/src/
> > thread_native_fat_monitor.c:183:
> > monitor_wait_impl: Assertion `saved_recursion<1' failed.
> > Aborted
>
> Ok, so something is odd here. - it looks like the launcher can't find
> the default/libharmonyvm.so file, and the assertion is some bug in
> our version of the thread library, since that's the one being used.
>
> What are you actually building and how?

default settings, no changes.

classlib/trunk:
  JAVA: BEA JRockit(R) (build
R26.4.0-63-63688-1.5.0_06-20060626-2259-linux-ia32, )
  svn update
  ant fetch-depends
  ant
drlvm/trunk:
  svn update
  sh build.sh update
  sh build.sh clean; sh build.sh
running:
  cd lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre
  export JAVA_HOME=$PWD
  cd bin
  export PATH=$PWD:$PATH
  ./java Hello
Hello
  ./java

Harmony Java launcher
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
./java: relocation error:
/home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/libhyprt.so:
symbol hythrea
d_exit, version HYTHR_0.1 not defined in file libhythr.so with link
time reference

After I have commented out:
   assert(saved_recursion<1);

> > unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > ./java
> > ./java: error while loading shared libraries: libhysig.so: cannot open
> > shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > Glibc: 2.3.6
> > gcc: 3.4.5
> > kernel: 2.6.15.6
>
> Right, so that's weird, as I have similar versions.
>
> I just committed the patch to the launcher make file, so please
> refresh and try again.

Works, no more LD_LIBRARY_PATH needed.

--
Ivan