harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Trouble Building DRLVM
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:27:49 GMT
On 19 Sep 2006 18:13:28 +0700, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the 0x1E9 day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:

> > > lots of grins here :)
> > > I set them, it runs well (with my patches, but, anyway), this problem
> >
> > What are you patches?
>
> nothing special:
> * launcher debug mode (O0, -g)
> * libhysig.so included in
>   modules/luni/src/main/native/launcher/linux/makefile
> * hymem_free_memory commented out in
>   modules/luni/src/main/native/common/shared/strhelp.c
>   (this one is rather experimantal, the root cause was incorrect
>    handling of JAVA_HOME)
>
> BTW, I was pointing JAVA_HOME to RI by mistake. Resulting in SIGSEGV
> in this case is not the best idea. Can we overcome it in some way?
>
> > > persists:
> > > java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError : Failed loading library
> > > "libhyzlib.so": DSO load failed
> > >
> > > whooa! I feel more comfortable now :)
> >
> > Why?  why did the DSO load fail?
>
> I am afraid, it looks for DSO in ".", which is a wrong assumption :)
> I'll take a look, but do not promise to be fast))
>
> --
> Egor Pasko, Intel Managed Runtime Division

On my computer, with fresh and clean classlib and drlvm.
Settings:
JAVA_HOME=...../jre
PATH=...../jre/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=...../jre/bin
./java

Harmony Java launcher
Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
java [-vm:vmdll -vmdir:dir -D... [-X...]] [args]
java: /home/ivan/svn/drlvm/trunk/vm/thread/src/thread_native_fat_monitor.c:183:
monitor_wait_impl: Assertion `saved_recursion<1' failed.
Aborted

unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
./java
./java: error while loading shared libraries: libhysig.so: cannot open

Glibc: 2.3.6
gcc: 3.4.5
kernel: 2.6.15.6
--