harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject RE: [classlib]volunteer to supply patches for old JIRAs
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:02:49 GMT
Here are a few things that I think might help with getting through some of
the older outstanding issues, as well as new ones.

* If an issue is old (over a month???), then verify that it's still an issue
with the latest code and note this with a JIRA comment.
* Obviously posting patches is great, but patches without tests are almost
always ignored.
** If you're posting an enhancement, post a patch that enhances the tests
and make sure they pass on an RI. (I always make sure the test passes on the
RI before considering the patch.)
** If you're posting a fix, post a patch that includes a regression test. (I
always apply the test first, then run it to see it fail, then I look at the
fix.)
* If there's a particular JIRA issue that you would like fixed and a patch
already exists, try applying the patch yourself, verify it and then add a
comment supporting the patch.

-Nathan