harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel Gandara" <danielgand...@neosur.com>
Subject [classlib] [ldap] reuse of security parser
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:13:59 GMT
Hi all,

    as you know at the ITC we are working to complete javax.naming.ldap
package v 1.5.  We are currently implementing the 1.5 classes and I have
one question regarding the reuse of an already donated code from other
package (org.apache.harmony.security.x509).
    The specific issue is as follow: in order to implement the classes
LdapName and Rdn -from javax.naming.ldap- we need a Distinguished Name
parser that parses according to the bnf syntax specified in RFC2253 and
RFC1779.
    We've found a DNParser class in the package org.apache.harmony.security.x509
we could re-use, but it checks for valid AttributeTypes by looking in a
table of valid OIDs.   What we need is a less restrictive parser that allows
types that do not have a valid OID.
    We could easily implement this behavior extending from this class and
rewriting the specific functionality; but we would have to change some
methods and attributes visibility of DNParser and AttributeTypeAndValue
from private to protected.
    The specific question is: should we made this change on the security
package and submit it with our contribution?  or should we ask for this change
to be made by the ones who wrote the security package?

I'll wait for feedback,

Thanks,

Daniel