harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject [classlib][i18n] Messages code comments
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:42:02 GMT
Is there any reason that there are three overloaded getString(String, XXX)
methods that take variations of Object?

Can't we just condense this into one method?

public static String getString(String key, Object. args)

In fact, this signature allows for the getString(String) method to be
removed as well, since a vararg argument can be omitted altogether.
Additionally, I would change the format method to use a vararg as well.

Also, I'd argue that there's little value in having the overloaded methods
that take an 'int' and a 'char'. I'd suggest just letting autoboxing handle
this in conjunction with the varargs.

Where is the code generator for these classes located?

-Nathan