harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@kc.rr.com>
Subject [classlib][vmi] VMI classes for Thread/Object manipulation for java.util.concurrent
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 01:38:41 GMT
I've added some classes[1][2] to luni-kernel in the
org.apache.harmony.kernel.vm package that are intended the VMI replacement
for the sun.misc.Unsafe class. The intent is to provide a VMI class to
support java.util.concurrent. Initially this will be done by implementing
the sun.misc.Unsafe in 'suncompat' module in terms of these new classes.

For the most part, the methods are essentially the subset of Unsafe that's
needed for java.util.concurrent. I've separated the methods into two
classes; Threads [1] for the threading features and Objects [2] for the
object manipulation features. My initial thought is that Threads may be
extended to provide additional support needed for lang-management features.

Please take a look at the classes and provide some feedback.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/mo
dules/luni-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/harmony/kernel/vm/Threads.java

[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/mo
dules/luni-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/harmony/kernel/vm/Objects.java