harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to use the jet?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:26:35 GMT
On the 0x1D4 day of Apache Harmony jingxia xing wrote:
> Hi, Egor,
>    It now works. It doesn`t work first because I add the printf as follows:
> #if defined(_DEBUG) || defined(JIT_STATS) || defined(JIT_LOGS)
>    fprintf(stdout, "");
> #endif
>
>    And the default cfg for jitrino is: release. So the _DEBUG is not
> defined. So I modified
> the  $ANT_COMMAND -f ./make/build.xml -Dvm.jitrino.cfg=debug "$@"  || ERROR
> in build.sh.
> I have to do this because I want to get more trace from JET.
>    Then I build the drlvm again, but this time error happens in compiling
> it:
> defined in discarded section

[snip]

> `.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN7Jitrino3Jet8Compiler5fetchEjRNS0_5JInstE' of
> ../_obj/trace.o
>        [cc] `.L265' referenced in section `.rodata' of ../_obj/trace.o:
> defined in discarded section
> `.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN7Jitrino3Jet8Compiler5fetchEjRNS0_5JInstE' of
> ../_obj/trace.o
>        [cc] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>        The compile i use is gcc-3.4.6, gcc-3.3.4, both have errors
> happening. Can you help me to find it out. Thanks

try
./build.sh clean
maybe, it helps...

Also look at what Weldon did to enable debug mode in Jitrino (windoze):
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/10181

I use a variation of this patch. We should finish these changes into a
complete patch, check if pre-commit tests pass, and apply it.