harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [ldap] support for multiple VMs?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:59:40 GMT
A bit offttopic for this thread, but I'd like to discuss the following
points for the boot.class.path property:
1) Whose responsibility is to set this property (launcher, VM or
classlib)? Now we have at least 3 implementations:
  a) readClassPathFromPropertiesFile() in
classlib\modules\archive\src\main\native\archive\windows\jclglob_harmony.c
  b) readClassPathFromPropertiesFile() in
classlib\modules\luni\src\main\native\luni\shared\luniglob.c
  c) load_full_api_files_path_names_list() in
drlvm\vm\vmcore\src\init\properties.cpp
BTW, the first 2 seems to be just copy-paste copies. I believe there
should be just single agent doing this task, most natural candidate is
shared VM launcher.

2) Current parsers of the bootclasspath.properties are fragile in
relation to format of this file: the file must end with line delimiter
and must have strict platform line delimiters, otherwise jvm just
hangs. Should I file new JIRA or this is intentional?