harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Wes Felter <wes...@felter.org>
Subject Re: Bringing License arguments to Sun
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:53:59 GMT
Chris Gray wrote:

> TCKs are special
> in that a particular version of the code is normative, so modified versions
> need to be clearly marked as such (Apache licence?).

If One TCK is so important, let me propose a semi-heretical idea: don't
open it. Certainly the 400 JVM developers should be able to run the TCK,
but it's not clear that they need to distribute modified versions. (Of
course, they could still submit bug fixes and such to the TCK
maintainers.) I don't think the Linux distros need to distribute the TCK
either, so their "OSI or die" policy doesn't appear to affect the TCK.

Wes Felter - wesley@felter.org