harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] [testing] crashes in test execution
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:58:50 GMT
Hello,

I've tried to run 'ant test' in classlib on a recent build hand-made
from SVN and came across several problems.

First problem was that a popup window with assertion appeared - it was
easy to solve it - see HARMONY-1340 .

The second one is more tricky for me.

---details start---
vm version:
svn = r438451, (Aug 30 2006), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, debug build

tests are run in the following way:
set JAVA_HOME=...
ant test -Dbuild.compiler=org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter

in compiling LUNI a debug popup occures: in the method

JavaLabelPrepass::ldc (file JavaLabelPrepass.cpp) constantType value is null.
This happens because in method
DrlVMCompilationInterface::getConstantType (file DrlVMInterface.cpp)
drlType returned doesn't fit any of options in switch() and
surprisingly falls through assert(0) statements to 'return NULL'.

---details end----

Does anyone else observe similar behaviour? Or you don't have any
problems with tests and I should re-check my configuration?

--
Regards,
Anton Luht,