harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Luht" <anton.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test-infra] Build Test Infrastructure
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 11:45:23 GMT
Hello Alexei,

I believe that there are more installations that can execute CGI than
those that can run servlets. I'm sure that for the first time the test
infrastructure will be deployed to an existing installation but not to
a dedicated server - that's why I decided that CGI suites better.

When we have a dedicated host for builds maybe it'll be worth to
rewrite test infrastructure in Java. But please do not consider the
choice of technology final - I just wanted to pick something that fits
for a prototype: fast to develop and easy to deploy.