harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]strings externalization
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:01:45 GMT

> I took a look at the HARMONY-1041 tool.  It is fine, I have only minor
> comments:
>
> - do you think we need to separate the Message and MsgUtil types?
> Given that they are generated from a template I'd be inclined to combine
> them into a single type now.  We have no need to look in that file in
> general.  If you do choose to combine them then I would expect the
> resulting header to be (c) 1998, 2006.
>
> - Minor typo "Better make changes in the teamplate file." -> template.
>
> Ilya Okomin wrote:
> > I would suggest to split this task into a set of jira sub-issues, one
> > module - one issue. This kind of division would give us an
> > opportunity this work to be done in a parallel mode.
>
> Agreed.  I suggest that we run the msgtool on the existing modules and
> commit the generated code and catalog files, then the incoming patches
> can assume they are there and use them to fix the externalization.

Hello, Tim!

I've made changes to the generation tool [1] and also prepared patch with
the set of generated files according to the existing modules set I've raised
issue for that [2]. Not all modules were included into the generation (full
set can be found in comments to the [2]). E.g. x-net module has package
xnet, also I'm not sure about necessity to make internationalization in
suncompat or rmi2, etc. You can check list of suggested modules and if
something is missed I'll make update.
Waiting for your comments and proposals!

[1]http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1041
[2]http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1201

Regards,
Ilya.