harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] HARMONY-1130: a bug or not a bug?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:54:36 GMT
Guys,

let's discuss HARMONY-1130 issue [1].
The problem there is that RI throws SecurityException from the
URLStreamHandler.setURL [2] method called from
URLStreamHandler.parseURL [3] but Harmony does not if "limit"
parameter of parseURL is less then "start" parameter. If "limit" is
greater then "start" then Harmony throws security exception too.

Investigation shown that Harmony checks "start" and "limit" parameters
in the very beginning and if "limit" is less then "start" it simply
exits since we can not parse anything in this case.

I think that this is a reasonable behavior and we should mark this
issue as "Non-bug differences from RI" and close it.

Any thoughts? Objections?

SY, Alexey

[1] HARMONY-1130: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1130
[2] URLStreamHandler.setURL:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/URLStreamHandler.html#setURL(java.net.URL,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String, int, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
java.lang.String)
[3] URLStreamHandler.parseURL:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/URLStreamHandler.html#parseURL(java.net.URL,
java.lang.String, int, int)