harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][MMTk] Jitrino.JET design questions on integrating the object allocation APIs
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:07:12 GMT
Hi Weldon,
I saw Alex 2 or 3 days ago and he told me that he will travel a lot for 2
weeks and will have a problems with access to the computer with Internet.
Anyway I think I can help you with the problem you have.

DRLVM already has a mechanism to filter methods between different execution
engines (JITs) by method names: Execution Manager's filters. So the easiest
way to call different object allocation helpers for different methods is to
build 2 jitrino.dll's. The first JIT library should keep the old helper call
and the second one should be patched to call a new helper.

After you have 2 libraries you can configure EM
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/drlvm/emguide.html
which library(JIT version) to use to compile a method using method name
filters.

Is this solution solves your problem?