harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [performance] performance measurement of HDK
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:57:11 GMT
In my opinion this is a very good idea to have public performance profile
with a hotspots identified.
So, if this idea is accepted by community we can start a discussion which
kind of profile might be useful.

I know that execution manager and optimizing JIT in DRLVM have a command
line keys to dump a lot of useful profiling information. I hope that other
components have such switches too. So the only thing we need to do first (if
the your proposal is accepted) is to write a tool to parses this data and
shows as webpage. I can help to anyone with this task (importing profile
from DRLVM JIT/EM) or just find a time and do it by myself if no volunteers
will be found..

--
Mikhail Fursov