harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "theUser BL" <theuse...@hotmail.com>
Subject Bringing License arguments to Sun
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:57:22 GMT
At
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=17634&tstart=0
Sun's Chief Open Source Officer Simon Phipps alias webmink
http://forums.java.net/jive/profile.jspa?userID=70
wrotes, that he have still not decided, which OpenSource license will be
used for Suns Java.

He wrote:

" To be clear, I've not expressed a preference for any particular license
yet. In fact, I think it's still unclear which of my license categories most
applies to the Java platform. I'm reading everything that's being written by
commentators from the various Java communities, however, and I'm keen for
Sun to make license choices that create the best future for us all. I've
discussed this further in my blog at
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/webmink?entry=why_bother_open_sourcing_java
"

So to all of the OpenSource-Java folks:
If you prefer a special license or a special license form and you have
reasons, why you think, that your prefered license would be the best for
Java, then write it at Suns OpenSource JDK forum at
http://forums.java.net/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=97

Actually is still the time, where you can influence, which license Suns Java
will have.

Greatings
theuserbl