harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Miguel Montes" <miguel.mon...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][html] Differences with RI
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 00:43:20 GMT
Hi:
We have found several differences between Harmony's implementation of
j.s.t.h.parser and the RI. I'm not sure if these should be reported
individually as JIRA issues, or should be discussed here.

For instance, in j.s.t.h.p.Entity, the RI. encodes isParameter and isGeneral
in the type, which is a public field, while the current implementation in
Harmony uses two boolean fields. So, the value of a public field is
different in both implementations.

Another case:
ContentModel:

The method first() should return the element that must be the first element
to appear in a ContentModel. If it's not unique, the RI returns null. For
instance, for the following ContentModel:

TITLE & ISINDEX? & BASE?

Any of those elements could appear at the beggining of a valid matching
expression. So, the method first should return null, because there is not a
single element that could be considered as the unique one that can appear at
the head of a matching expression. Nevertheless, for this example (as for
some others), HARMONY-948 returned a value. For this example, a BASE value
was obtained.

There are several more. Should we post them as separate JIRA issues, o as
one big issue, with the suggeste patches?

--
Miguel Montes