harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [tools] Re: Keytool is done, JarSigner is next.
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:01:49 GMT
2006/8/14, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com>:

> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > Ok, sure.
> >
> > One thing that IMHO worth discussion is:
> >
> > By default the server tries to go to Sun's ssl provider:
> > com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
> >
> > Though it seems to be possibe to specify a custom provider by defining
> > a property
> > org.w3c.jigsaw.ssl.security.provider
> >
> > But to figure that out I had to grep Jigsaw sources
>
> Hm.  What does jetty and tomcat do?
>

> > The question is should we provide our own com.sun...Provider?
>
> You probably can guess my answer to this...
>

> > It would look like this way:
> >
> > package com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl;
> > import org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.JSSEProvider;
> > public class Provider extends JSSEProvider {
> > }
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mikhail
> >
> > P.S. I was able to easily start Jigsaw HTTP server and navigate a bit.
> > I used IBM VM+Harmony classlib
>
> What happens when you used DRLVM?

I'm going to check. Acually I beleive it might be a bit too early to
do app-driven
bugfix in DRLVM. Though when running apps we find real-life bugs but
it's easier to
fix those bugs that are reproducoble on small code examples. Given that not
all the classlib tests pass on DRLVM+classlib it might make sense to fix those
failures and than switch to app-driven bugfix

Thanks,
Mikhail