harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][summary] Exception throwing compatibility
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:18:43 GMT
> Andrew Zhang wrote:
> > "But there are some cases that RI throws an implementation specific
> > exception, we shall throw its public superclass. e.g., If RI throws
> > sun.io.MalformedInputException, we shall throw
> > java.io.CharConversionException. "
> >
> > I think it's OK to throw Harmony-implement subclass of the public
> > superclass
> > for some cases? Do you think so?
>
> I agree.  In fact it says that in the preceding paragraph:

but in the next paragraph it says:

"If RI is compliant with the Java Specification We shall follow RI's
behavior, that is, throws exactly the same exception. "

I'd mention subclass here too.

It might make sense to split "If RI is not compliant with the Java
Specification"
to two categories: when we thing the spec does not specify which
excactly exception is thrown and when spec does specify but RI throws
a different exception

Thanks,
Mikhail