harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Loenko" <mloe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Sun's permission to use exception messages and toString() formats
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:36:38 GMT
Does it mean that we are revisiting our agreement on "more helpful error
messages"? [1,2]

Should we now roll back for example Harmony-250?

Thanks,
Mikhail

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/agreements.html
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200603.mbox/%3cfcb9f9160603240835i792de7dobabfc43a44e7c752@mail.gmail.com%3e

> Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> > I think all that means that we will accept patches that fix the messages
> > and
> > toStrings
>
> Sure, if people want to spend their time doing that then of course we
> will be grateful.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

> >> messages.
> >>
> >> The problem with that approach is that you are letting your users find
> >> problems that you actually know are there.
> >>
> >> As I said in another note, I don't think we should drop everything to do
> >> this, but we *should* agree to do it lazily, track what has been fixed,
> >> and offer it as something that new people who want to get engaged in the
> >> project can do as well.
> >>
> >> geir

SE