harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build-test-infra] Build Test Infrastructure
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:45:41 GMT
Sorry for delay. See my comments inline.
  thanks, Vladimir

On 8/17/06, Fedotov, Alexei A <alexei.a.fedotov@intel.com> wrote:

> Vladimir,
> I was trying a buildtest module from svn repository.
>
> You wrote,
> >When I tried to run it for the first time I saw problems with <get>
> >and <svn> commands - they did not work in my environment due to:
> > - no proxy settings for <get> and <exec svn> command.
> > - some problems with my certificate for apache site.
>
> Is there any progress with making <get> command work? I tried to make it
> work.
>
> 1. I succeed to make <get> work through proxy by changing cc/config.xml
> (= config/config-full.xml) in a following way:
>
>        <schedule interval="300">
>                <ant antWorkingDir="projects/classlib/trunk"
> target="fetch-depends">
>                    <jvmarg arg="-Dhttp.proxyHost=***.com "/>
>                    <jvmarg arg="-Dhttp.proxyPort=***"/>
>                </ant>
>        </schedule>
>
> 2. Setting CC_OPTS (like ANT_OPTS) doesn't help me to rewrite the
> configuration file in a following way.
>        <schedule interval="300">
>                <ant antWorkingDir="projects/classlib/trunk"
> target="fetch-depends">
>                    <jvmarg arg="- Dhttp.proxyHost=${http.proxyHost}"/>
>                    <jvmarg arg="-Dhttp.proxyPort=${http.proxyPort}"/>
>                </ant>
>        </schedule>
>
> So I've created config/cc.properties and used
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <cruisecontrol>
> +    <property file="cc.properties"/>
>
> Using this approach I managed to make classlib-deps and drlvm-deps. Do
> you think this is a correct direction to develop proxy support?

The proxy should be added by condition (non-empty value in the property
file, for example) to work correctly in the non-proxy environment. Your can
copy this part of script from the build.xml.

> BTW, why the config file is called config-full.xml? I prefer to call it
> cc-config.xml.

I think, we should ask author (Geir :) ) about it. But it seems logically to
have different configuration for CC to minimize computers load (we can
separate CC for API and VM parts for example).