harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][Instrument] Documents for non-unit-tests (was Re:[classlib] Plan on work on java.lang.instrument)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 06:03:41 GMT
On 8/7/06, Jimmy, Jing Lv  wrote:

> <SNIP>
> Sounds pretty good :)
> "exec" do helps, it can check simple situations.
> What I'm concern is that if the return code is not enough for some
> situations, e.g, what exception is thrown exactly, or what cause VM exit
> abnormally. IMHO, it is still necessary for us.

Hi Jimmy,

See attached test. It demonstrates VM forking. The test saves VM output and
prints it in the end.
So I expect that unit tests for 'instrument' module can do the same: fork VM
with predefined args, save output and compare it with expected output.

BWT, we have utility class[1] in 'support' for this task. It makes sense to
improve it for our needs.

Thanks,
Stepan.

[1]